2023-2024 Food Services Program
School Breakfast & Lunch: Menus and Meal Choices
- BREAKFAST: is provided each morning as students arrive and is eaten in their classrooms.
- A Complete Breakfast consists of 4 components of which the student must take at least 3 (with one being a fruit or vegetable).
- LUNCH: Served in 4 lunch periods in the cafeteria.
- We provide at least 3 choices for lunch on a daily basis –
- A Compete Lunch is made up of 5 healthy components which are protein, vegetable, milk, fruit or juice, and bread. Students must take 3 of the 5 components (one of which must be a fruit or vegetable).
- Check the menu to decide if one of the 3-4 daily choices will suit your dietary needs.
- To ensure dietary preferences are met, packing lunch from home is always allowed.
- Here is a link to the School Cafe daily menu and it is also posted at the top of the page. https://www.schoolcafe.com/MontessorieRegcs
- Select "View Menus (as a guest)"
- Be sure to select the school "MRCS" in the drop down.
Food Service Program payment options:
- All enrolled MRCS students are eligible to receive a free breakfast and a free lunch at no cost to you.
* All students eat FREE for the 2023-2024 school year
- You may choose to pack lunches from home.
General Guidelines and Policies
- If your child brings a lunch from home he/she has the opportunity to add items from the cafeteria to supplement their bagged lunch.
- A minimum of 3 items must be added to take advantage of this option.
- Choices include:
- Healthy fruits
- Whole grain entrée
- If your student does not drink milk, he/she may choose another dietary component, bring their water bottle to refill or get a cup of water from the bottle filler station.
- We do not substitute milk preferences.
- New this school year: A Share Bin is provided for students who receive components that they do not want so they may SHARE the item with other students. All students are welcome to choose something from the Share Bin as desired. This is a great solution to cut down on food waste.
- Example: John doesn't want his apple - he puts it on the Share Bin. Sally wants an extra piece of fruit so she finds one on the Share Bin and takes it.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org