News & Announcements
For the latest news & announcements, please check ParentSquare.
Specials Color Rotation
We have six different specials classes (Art, Career Connections, Healthy Living, Latin/Classics Studies, Music, and Physical Education). Students will attend each class on a rotating rainbow schedule all year. Each day of school will be a red day, orange day, yellow day, green day, blue day or purple day.
This schedule will ensure that students won’t miss the same specials each time we have a scheduled day off. When we miss a day of school, the next day will be the next color in the rainbow.
For example, rather than students having Healthy Living every Monday; they will have Healthy Living every RED day.
Exception: In the event of a snow day, the snow make-up day will be the color of whatever day was missed.
Please see the rainbow schedule for your child’s class.
Questions to ask your Montessori student about his/her school day
- How many pieces of work did you put on your work plan today? What were they?
- How many pieces of work did you finish today? Which one did you like working on the best?
- At MRCS we refer to the materials and the student interactions with them as work.
- MRCS students use work plans to plan and record the completion of the work they need to accomplish each day.
- Which material did you like using today? What was special about it?
- Montessori materials are concrete learning activities carefully designed to teach new concepts and encourage student exploration and independence.
- Were you able to choose a free choice activity today? What was it? What did you like best about working on that activity?
- Free choice activities are materials and follow-up work that are of special interest to the students. They may be chosen when the necessary work has been completed.
- What are you learning about in Cultures? Tell me one interesting fact.
- Cultures includes topics in Biology, Zoology, Science, History, and Geography.
- Tell me about the best part of your day today. The best part of my day was. . .
- Which subject do you think is easy/ hard? Why?
- Tell me about something funny that happened today?
- What could you show me that you learned today?
- When you need help with something, what do you do?