School will begin on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 with total remote learning
Our number one priority is to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our students, teachers, other school staff, their families, and our communities.
In this reopening plan, you will find information about the new school year and how it will differ from the online schooling that MRCS offered this past spring.
- Remote instruction will follow the school day schedule.
- Classes will be livestreamed, allowing students to participate in lessons and interact with their peers and teachers in real time.
- Lessons will also be available in an MRCS online video library so families can access the lessons outside the traditional school day.
- We will also make sure that you have all of the tools, materials and supplies you need at your own home with new dedicated Chromebooks for each student, a supply box and Montessori materials.
- And, you will have the support, both technical and academic, to assist your student in your at-home Montessori classroom.
Remote Instruction: online, off-campus, virtual instruction where students are utilizing school-issued Chromebooks
On-Campus Instruction: in person, face to face at the physical campus
See Health and Safety Plan for protocols. (Coming soon!)
What to expect during Remote Instruction:
Students will be engaged in daily online classes with their classroom teacher. Teachers will present live lessons and instruction throughout the school day, while some lessons presented may be pre-recorded by the teacher. Students will have the opportunity to interact with their peers by asking questions and regularly participating in community meetings.
- Students will follow a regular school day schedule to ensure that they meet Pennsylvania’s requirements for 180 days of instruction
- Live and recorded Montessori lessons presented to students
- Lesson materials and follow up work will be provided to all students
- Lessons that are aligned with Pennsylvania’s Academic Standards will be delivered – teachers will follow our scope and sequence
- Students will be provided with a MRCS issued Chromebook and Supplies/Materials
- Supplemental materials, assignments, and class announcements will be available through Google Classroom
- Ability to pick up copies of materials and drop off completed assignments
Students will be able to:
- Attend class lessons and meetings
- View video lessons and resources outside of regular class hours
- Communicate regularly with the classroom teacher
- Actively participate in lessons
- Participate in teacher led classroom discussions
- Submit assigned follow up work
Families will be able to:
- Participate in opportunities that allows for flexible classroom scheduling
- Set up video conference with teachers during regularly scheduled office hours
- Access technical support
- Access video lessons for students outside of regular class hours
Important Dates to Know:
- Wednesday, August 19th
- Signup for in-person orientation on ParentSquare begins
- Saturday, August 29nd through Tuesday, September 1st
- Family and student in-person orientation
- Wednesday, September 2nd
- Virtual Meet the Teacher Night
- Tuesday, September 8th
- First Day of School remote instruction
- Tuesday, September 8th through Friday, November 6th
- First Quarter - Total remote learning for all students
- Thursday, October 22nd
- Assess Safe Return to School options based on current health and safety data
- Friday, October 23rd
- Inform families of Learning Pathway decisions for second quarter
- Friday, November 6th
- First Quarter Ends
Lunch and Breakfast Distribution:
There will breakfast and lunch distributions on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 4pm-6pm. Pick up will be at the main campus.
Thank you for your continued support and flexibility as we adapt to the new conditions and work creatively to make this school year a success!
Please stay safe and healthy!