Questions to ask your Montessori student about his/her school day:
- How many pieces of work did you put on your work plan today? What were they?
- How many pieces of work did you finish today? Which one did you like working on the best?
Which material did you like using today? What was special about it?
- At MRCS we refer to the materials and the student interactions with them as work.
- MRCS students use work plans to plan and record the completion of the work they need to accomplish each day.
Were you able to choose a free choice activity today? What was it? What did you like best about working on that activity?
- Montessori materials are concrete learning activities carefully designed to teach new concepts and encourage student exploration and independence.
What are you learning about in Cultures? Tell me one interesting fact.
- Free choice activities are materials and follow-up work that are of special interest to the students. They may be chosen when the necessary work has been completed.
Tell me about the best part of your day today. The best part of my day was. . .Which subject do you think is easy/ hard? Why?Tell me about something funny that happened today?What could you show me that you learned today?When you need help with something, what do you do?
- Cultures includes topics in Biology, Zoology, Science, History, and Geography.