Entering the Lottery for 2015-2016?
Who can attend the Charter School?
Montessori Regional Charter School is a public elementary school (Kindergarten through 6th grade) that is open to any child residing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as outlined in our Charter, in the following order of preference:
If more students apply to the school than the number of attendance slots available for the 2015-2016 school year, then the students will be selected by a lottery from the pool of qualified applicants meeting the established eligibility criteria (above) who have submitted an application by the deadline established by the school.
- Children of founding families of the Charter
- Siblings of children enrolled at the school
- Children in the Erie and Millcreek School Districts (chartering districts)
- All other children residing in Pennsylvania
When all classroom openings have been filled, we will maintain a waiting list by unit.
When will the Lottery be held for the 2015-2016 school year admission?
The lottery will be held at the school on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 6 pm. Letters will be mailed the first week in April to inform applicants of their place in the lottery.
What is the deadline for applications?
To be part of the lottery, enrollment forms must be received in the school office no later than 10:00 am, Wednesday, March 25, 2015. Enrollment forms may be dropped off at the school office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., mailed (be sure to allow plenty of time for your forms to arrive if sending by mail) or submitted electronically. We are unable to receive forms via fax at this time.
Any and all applications received after March 25, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. will be placed on the waiting list in the order in which they are received.
Note: We strongly encourage interested families to complete and submit enrollment forms even after the March 25th, 2015 lottery deadline. We will continue to fill openings after the lottery from the names on the waiting list.
What is required for enrollment?
- 2015-2016 Pre-Enrollment Form (Updated March 18, 2015). Please complete all sections and be sure to sign and date the form.
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate or any other official form of verification of the child’s date and city of birth. To be eligible for Kindergarten, a student must meet their resident school district age requirement.
- Proof of Residency in the form of one of the following: copy of a current rental or lease agreement, mortgage statement, municipal tax statement, or current utility bill.
We look forward to seeing you at our Open House.
Please contact the Enrollment Office with questions about enrollment or proof of residency requirements.