Open Enrollment for the 2016-2017 school year will begin January 4, 2016.
Please read the instructions on this page and the attached form carefully. Click on the link below to download the PDF form.
Who can attend the Charter School?
Montessori Regional Charter School is a public elementary school (Kindergarten through 6th grade) that is open to any child residing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as outlined in our Charter, in the following order of preference:
- Children of founding families of the Charter
- Siblings of children enrolled at the school
- Children in the Erie and Millcreek School Districts (chartering districts)
- All other children residing in Pennsylvania
If more students apply to the school than the number of attendance slots available for the 2016-2017 school year, then the students will be selected by a lottery from the pool of qualified applicants meeting the established eligibility criteria (above) who have submitted an application by the deadline established by the school.
Students applying for Kindergarten must meet their home school district age requirement.
When all classroom openings have been filled, we will maintain a waiting list by unit.
When will the Lottery be held for 2016-2017 school year admission?
The lottery will be held at the school at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 2910 Sterrettania Road. The public is welcome to attend.
What must I submit for my child to be included in the 2016-2017 enrollment lottery?
- The 2016-2017 Pre-Enrollment Form (available on this page Monday, January 4, 2016)
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate or any other official form showing the child’s date and city of birth.
- Proof of Residency in the form of one of the following: copy of a current rental or lease agreement, mortgage statement, municipal tax statement, or current utility bill.
Please contact the Enrollment Office with questions about enrollment or proof of residency requirements.
What is the deadline for enrollment lottery applications to be submitted?
To be included in the 2016-2107 Enrollment lottery, pre-enrollment applications must be received at the MRCS Operations Center by 4:00 p.m. Thursday, March 24th, 2016. When your application is received, a confirmation will be sent to an email address you provide on your application.
Applications sent by mail must be received by the deadline set above. We are not responsible for lost or delayed mail.
Where do I submit my pre-enrollment application?
Do not drop off pre enrollment applications at school offices. You may:
- hand deliver your application to 3750 W 26th Street, Erie, PA 16506
- Scan and email your application to: email@example.com
- Photos of applications sent by phone will not be accepted.