Cross Country will be back for the 2016 - 2017 school year. Just like last year, we will be running
with the parochial schools in Erie County. Go to the After School Activity page to sign up. More information will be posted on this page as the program develops.
Just a few reminders…
- Please be sure to update all of your contact information with the office (phone numbers, email) so that you may receive up to date information and announcements through the Call Em All system. We will remind you of races, changes of schedule, and any cancellations.
- Please be sure to either wear your running clothes to school or change into them at the end of the day. A snack will be provided for your child before practice so there is no need to worry about packing extra food.
- You will be receiving a MRCS Cross Country t-shirt. Please be sure to wear this t-shirt to all cross country events. These shirts are our uniforms.
- Please be sure to have good running shoes. We will be running about 8-10 miles a week, so good shoes are a must! If you do not have the proper footwear your chance for injury will dramatically increase.
- That being said, running injuries can happen. Please make sure to listen to your body and always ice your legs, knees, and shins after every run.
- STRETCH at least 2-3 times a day.
- You are welcome to run at home. If you do, please try to minimize your time running on sidewalks and try to stay on the grass or on bike baths. If you must run on the road please have an adult with your or tell them where you are going. Run facing traffic and wear bright colors.
- www.mapmyrun.com is a great website to map out your own runs and to track your weekly miles. I strongly recommend it!
- Running is a friendly sport and as runners we will encourage others both on our own team and on the other teams during races. Not only are we a team, but we are a running community.